Friday, February 6, 2009


My family had the opportunity to go to the Draper, Utah Temple open house today. What a great experience that was. Jacob and I went to the open house for the Bountiful Temple years ago and enjoyed it so I thought this would be a great chance for my younger boys to have this experience. Marvin, myself, Nicholas and Joshua went from our family along with Grandma and Grandpa Houston and my niece Annie.
We arrived at a nearby church and watched a short video about the history of temples and about the Draper area. Then we boarded a bus and drove the few mile distance to the Temple. What an awesome sight this was as we approached. As we entered the temple we received a brochure about the temple with pictures of some of the rooms we would be seeing. The line through the temple was faster than I thought it would be. We saw the awesome baptismal font, resting upon the backs of the oxen, the gorgeous ordinance rooms and then we had the chance to sit in a sealing room and have a little talk about the importance of binding our families together. We were able to look into the mirrors and see forever. As I had my arm around Nicholas and we looked in the mirrors and saw forever, how grateful I am that I can be with my family for all eternity and how excited I am to be able to teach the children this year our Primary theme which is "My Eternal Family" and how enjoyable it was to spend the day there with my family.
When we finished the tour and were boarding the bus, I asked my boys if they were glad that they came and both answered yes (earlier today they had mentioned that they didn't want to!).
How I will always cherish this wonderful day with my family and forever be grateful for the sealing power and for the opportunity we have to live so close to so many temples. (The boys have already asked if we can go to the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple).

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. Wish I could've been there. Sounds wonderful! Love you Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an experience! Those are precious moments, better put that one in your journal. I love temples! I think of all the parts of the gospel, temples are the very best! (and what temples mean)

    ReplyDelete