Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blue and Gold


Tonight was the first Blue and Gold Banquet from our ward in probably 4 years. We have such a small ward that for a while we were combined with another ward in our building but we were having some issues with that and getting more boys in scouts so we brought them back to our ward. We have awesome Cub leaders, Mike and Amanda Deru, a great new Cubmaster, Lawayne Willardson and Nadine Lyons who is our Scout Chairperson, and great cub scouts. It was so fun to see them together tonight with their families and to have some members of the bishopric their to support us was great. I am the primary presidency member over cub scouting and have been for almost 4 years and this is the first time I've been able to really act on that aspect of my calling. We only have 8 scouts but it was so great to have all but 1 there with their families. How grateful I am for the scouting program and the help it is to my boys. They are excited about scouts each week and I remember when Jacob was in scouts in Arizona and the wonderful leaders that he had and how fun it was for him to go. Thanks to all those who help in the scouting program and work with the boys. We would not be successful with out you.

No comments:

Post a Comment