16 years ago
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Communication, communication, communication!
Lets see, can you guess what is on my mind? Maybe.....just maybe.....someone, somewhere out there is somehow having a communication problem? Do you sense that? Well, you guessed right. As I have posted before, I am the 1st Counselor in the Primary presidency in our ward, of which my father is the Bishop. We are struggling as a presidency to fill positions, as usual, and that is where the communication problem come into picture. I am finding out through this whole process, of which I will not go into detail, that communication between people is essential for a ward, or anything really, to run smoothly. When that does not happen, then BANG, BOOM, CRASH, it seems like everything is falling and crumbling all around you. I need to communicate better with my President, who in turn needs to communicate better with the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric, who then needs to communicate well with the Bishop (Dad) and then when that is done, do all the communication in reverse. Keep in mind that communication needs to be done when everyone involved is together and on the same page. Stop what you are doing, or schedule a time when you can communicate properly, make sure that all the facts are straight and kosher with all involved and then make the decision. Make sure that if you need to find out some things before making that decision, then take the proper time to do it. Now you are all saying, DUH!! Well this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. Now I would love nothing more than to just bypass this whole situation and go directly to the Bishop (DAD) and get the job done myself. Sound familiar? Well that too can cause problems with lots of people and it's taking everything in me to NOT do that. So basically to sum up my tirade, I can't say it any better than communicate, communicate, communicate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well put my dear sister! Love you Lots
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can just say you didn't talk to Grandpa he just knows you so well he can read your mind! Then they couldn't get mad at you for letting him know directly! Good Luck. I sent you an invite- tell me if you get it.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe someone somewhere is having communication problems. I just can't relate! (if you believe that I have ocean front property...) Good luck! It might not hurt to go to the top!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like my dad...verify, verify, verify. Oh, the problems that could be avoided if we only took the time to communicate correctly!
ReplyDelete