WOW what great responses I've had about my new blog. Thank you all.
So some are wondering whats going on in the Rogers family lately and here is your update.
I am, and have been for 3 1/2 years, the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I know, I know, you're thinking but she hates kids!! This is by far my favorite calling I've had in the church to date. I love our little primary and our little primary children are so very knowledgeable in the gospel and such sweet spirits about them that it's hard not to like it. Now that doesn't mean that I love my calling 100% of the time but it's something I do well and feel good about. I work with a great president, Kim, and that helps. We just lost our secretary to the young womens program and that was a little upsetting to us (DAD) but we will get over it, or we better.
3 mornings a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I work as a teachers aide at a preschool, I know, I know, again with the but she hates kids! It came at a time when they needed a teacher and I needed a job and so ....the rest is history. I have 17 little kids in my class, just a few less than at primary each week, so I can deal with that. It doesn't pay much but it's paying for now.
I have been searching and applying for jobs but because I've been off the market for a while it hasn't been easy. Next on my schedule is starting school in February, hopefully, at the DATC (that's the Davis Applied Technology College) in Kaysville in the Phlebotomy Course. It's on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, a 100 hour course and I am excited about it. This hopefully will give me some training and a foot in the door to a good field to be in right now.
Marvin is still working at Utility Trailer, starting his 10th year. He currently has the whole week off. He is trying to find stuff to keep him busy. He's a good boy!!
He is the 1st Counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency, has been for a few years. I think he enjoys it but could maybe handle a change.
He and I are bowling together on Monday nights, with my mom and dad. Our team is called 'It's All Relative'. We are having fun with that. Marvins average is about a 156 or 157, mine slightly lower with a 135. I also bowl on Thursday mornings on a womens league, you'd think that would help my average. It is better though. Monday's are our date night and we go bowling. It is fun to be together and doing something we both enjoy.
Jacob is doing......well not much unfortunately at this time. He has been searching for a job and should get an interview this week and hopefully that will lead to a job. He is 18 1/2 now and struggling a bit. He's a great kid and a great help to his mother.
Nicholas is in the 5th grade and struggling a little. He LOVES school just lacks some motivation. He can do the work but needs a push now and then. He just turned 11 in October and reminds me that he will get the priesthood this year. I AM OLD! He enjoys anything Star Wars related, playing with friends and hanging out with his mother.
Joshua is 9 1/2 and in the 4th grade. He LOVES to read and can do it very well. He got that from me, thank you very much. He is doing well at school but suffers a little from the Jacob syndrome, he wants his work all finished before he turns it in but I can't get it through to him that it's better to turn it in on time and get full credit on what he's done than to turn it in complete and only get 1/2 credit. One day I hope it will sink in. He too loves anything Star Wars related and enjoys playing with friends and playing his video games.
This past year we added 2 new ones to our family and I'll tell you about them
Mimi is a 5 year old white Shih Tzu/Poodle mix. She is my foo foo dog. We adopted her from the animal shelter here in Davis County. I'll post a picture. She is a sweet heart and is a mama's girl. She loves to go with us in the car and loves to play in the snow.
Next is Buddy. Buddy is ......well he's Buddy. He is about 6 months old, a mix between a border collie (we think) and Australian shepherd (we think). He is a smart dog, we are enjoying teaching him new things. The boys have taught him the basics, sit, lay, roll, play dead (still learning that one) and stay. We taught him to jump over the piano bench over the holidays. We adopted him from the animal shelter also and he, like my 18 year old, needs a job.
So I guess that about sums us up. I would love to hear from you all. Thank you all for you support.
16 years ago
Hey, Shirlene!! I think your blog is wonderful!! Esp. the part that you said about me-ha-ha! I will pay you later. Maybe I will come and pick ya up in the Buick and we will go to "Shirlene's" gas station for a beverage on me!! Good job on the blog!
ReplyDelete