16 years ago
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I'm thinking about getting a group together to do Make Ahead meals, but part of me just thinks that if I'm going to make 4 of the same meal, why don't I just keep them all and put them in the freezer and same them for later on in the month? Why is it that I want to do this but I don't want to fix meals myself? I would love to have someone do the planning and the purchasing and I would do the cooking, I'd be OK with that, but if I have to plan, buy and then fix, well, forget that. I'm great with the idea of this but it can be expensive and who is certain that they will have the money to make the meals at that specific time, and what if someone in the group doesn't do theirs? How does that work? Plus it seems that we are all strapped for money now and how well will it work, I mean, my family has pancakes about 5 nights a week as it is!! I used to love to be in the kitchen, making food for my family, but it's getting redundant!!! I made bread last week and it was so delicious, but gone. I just don't want to take the time to do it every week. I guess I'm just lazy. Maybe not lazy just wanting to simplify. Don't we all want a little more of that? If anyone has any thoughts or ideas would you please help me out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Someone told me they decide when making bread to make several batches in one day and then freeze the whole lot of it and whala ? they wouldn't have to make bread for a few weeks. Well guess what? They were so uptight about the whole day breadmaking experience they went back to smaller batches of bread more often. Face it, as homemakers we ought to get use to the idea, cook and clean up, cook and clean up, cook and clean up, cook and clean up.....it is life!
ReplyDeleteHaha, we have breakfast for dinner lots of times too! I LOVE pancakes but pretty sure my hubby's getting sick of them! If I lived by you I would totally come do meals with you - sigh. Oh well. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteBTW, can you give Aunt Lynda my email address? I would love to get an invite to her blog!
tclecheminant@gmail.com